Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014 (6 months to go!)

Hello Everyone!!!
    Another super fast week… Can’t believe it!! I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day…it sounds like you guys did.  This week was pretty good! The two people who were baptized got confirmed and received the Holy Ghost this last Sunday.  Also this last Sunday was the best attendance at church that we have seen since we have been here.  There were over 62 members who attended church and a lot of less actives.  It was great to feel the love and spirit of everyone.  It was really nice to see a full chapel.  This Rama has helped us out so much with the progress here.  Just about everyone that can is doing their Home Teaching…the difference is great!  We have been starting to see a unity with this Rama in the last couple of weeks…with the Family Home Evenings every Friday and the activities on Wednesday’s.  This Rama will soon be a Barrio, I’m sure. 

     We received some really good references this past week and we were really pleased and grateful for that! The work is going good! So yeah, I had my interview with President Jordan this last week and it went really good.  It was nice to see and get to talk to him.  I sure hope I don’t get changed either in this next change.  I really don’t think I will but you never know.
 
     So I received your Valentines package…thank you so much!  In the next package do you think you could send some beef jerky?…haha there are a lot of people what would like to try it out.  I told them I would ask my mom to send me some hehe.  That’s sweet that I got accepted into UVU…that is some exciting news!  I’m glad that I don’t have to take the ACT test again.

     So this last week we had a family night with a family and we invited two other families.  The family Tovar and a guy named Juan and his wife and kids.  We made so much meat…like steaks, chicken and carne asada.  It was soooo good.  Then we shared a message with everyone.  It was really fun and a good way to meet people.  We always have chances to share the gospel and that’s what’s good ya know…through all the little things…like it says in the scriptures.

      We got 3 new investigators this last week and we will be putting a baptism date with them this upcoming week.  So I have hope that we will be having a baptism in March.  Almost everyone that we visit has returned to church…it’s so awesome!  We have been looking for new people to teach also. The Family Nadia, Leonardo, Mariana y Sol, Family Monica, Family Tovar, Family de Israel, Gladis, Guadlalupe, and Bryon, and more.  It is so great to see the spirit touch the lives of these loved people.  I love everyone of them.  I’m so thankful I have the chance to share with them what I know is true and to feel their love and spirit change again for the better!
 “Faith is not so much something we believe; faith is something we live.” - Joseph B. Wirthlin Y Elder Lawrence
Love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!


Getting my flu shot today

No comments:

Post a Comment