Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013


Hola bebe que tal!! What’s up what’s up?
     Dang, sounds like a pretty crazy week with all that baseball going on haha. That’s no good that Ethan chipped his tooth… everyone has now. Hopefully I don’t chip my tooth.  I don’t think I will because I take vitamins that make my bones and teeth stronger haha:) I have fallen down in the street a couple times… I guess I’m lucky I didn’t chip my tooth.  
     Well things here in Valles are going really great…I really love Valles. This City is pretty sweet even though it can be hot at times. But for real, I like the hot way more than the cold. So when it’s just a little cold now I feel super cold. It gets up to about 126 degrees here. The sun is super strong and can suck the energy right out of ya. So we have to drink sooo much water, if we don’t drink water we will shrivel up and get crusty dry… haha;)
    So this Sunday all of our recent conversos went to church, so that was really good!  Rigoberto, Victor, Vanessa, Anelli, Nestor…. but none of our menos activos showed up and none of our investigators…. but what do ya do? We do all we can to try to get them to progress but everyone has there albedrio.  Thelma, one of our investigators, doesn’t even live in our area and so we are passing her on to the other Elders. She is a way good reference. Especially because I’ve taught her all of the lecciones and she is ready for baptism and she has a baptism date and everything. Good thing I don’t care about the number of baptisms… some Elders just count numbers and care about numbers... but I really care about the people and what they have learned and how they have progressed.
     Oh yeah, Blake’s beard and mustache is sweet!! Haha Ethan’s mullet is really cool too!! Sometimes I just want to grow my beard out haha jk:) I can’t believe that prom is already!! Dang time flies! Who is Blake asking or who did he ask? That’s tight that Adam didn’t ask anyone..;) Ya so I guess that means that in about 5 months I will have about a year wow!!! But who’s counting right??
     So how are Grandma and Grandpa doing, from both sides? Tell everyone hi for me ok;) So Justin Post is doing really good, he says he talks like a black man haha and Joe is doing really good too. I try writing everyone, I think sometimes the emails don’t send or something, because I thought I wrote Adam. Have you heard from Tyler Purcell??
     So this week we didn’t teach as many lessons as the week before but that’s alright we visited a lot of families! We always pass by and see how everyone is doing. So I ran out of money already. I don’t know what’s up, but the money goes really fast here. So I might have to use my card for lunch this week.
     Here is one spiritual experience that we had this week… So we waited about an hour for this Sister to get home from work. Elder Martinez wanted to leave and go walk around in the sun or something, but we ended up waiting and she gave us cookies and water and we taught the whole family and the spirit was really strong. We taught about blessings from the Book of Mormon. To end the lesson all 5 of her kids said their prayer and it was really special then the mom said her prayer. The spirit and everything was so beautiful, we felt so good. So I was really glad we had the patience and waited for her to get home.
      Every week and day I learn something new or different I am always learning and trying to progress in all that I do. I made a diagram of the gospel of Jesus Christ that I use to teach… it is really smooth to teach with and everyone really understands the gospel after I teach with it. I’ll take a picture of it. I’ve made pictures for all the lessons, it’s really fun to find your own special way to teach. I try to use ideas and stuff that I have learned from every Elder. So if you have any good ideas you should tell me them haha;)
    Well, I hope that you have a great week and that nobody chips their tooth this week. Thanks for everything! I love everybody so much!  CTR all day erryday... rise to the occasion.
 With love,  
   Elder Lawrence;)


No comments:

Post a Comment