Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013

Hola Family…
     Sounds like everyone is doing super good!  I still can’t believe school is all started up and going…wow!! Did you know that in one year exactly from yesterday I will be at home with you guys! Isn’t it just crazy how fast time flies when your in the work of the Lord?
     This last week was super good!!  My companion and I were really feeling the spirit….we had so many super strong spiritual lessons. We put a date for baptism with one of our investigators that we have, his name is Ricardo. I am so excited for him!  I love seeing the progress that is happening here. We can all really feel the work of the Lord. Our ward has been really working well with us missionaries. We have every meeting possible and the members are doing their home teaching now. The church was full on Sunday, but I would love to see it more full!  We are striving hard every day to do our part, and to be the voice of the Lord.
     This last week was also really awesome because I got to go on divisions with Elder Rodas.  Elder Rodas is my Zone Leader now. It was really fun to get to teach and catch up with him again. He is the man haha!!
     Here is a story for you all… Elder Leon and I were sitting in the park the other day and these people who were about our age were shooting hoops. One of them asked us if we would like to play. We had a little bit of time, so we shot some hoops with them for a little while and when we were leaving one of the girls that was playing tried to kiss me haha. They didn’t know that missionaries don’t say goodbye and hello like that. I was like ummm we don’t do that haha...but maybe in 2 years hahahah it was super funny!!! This is the 2nd time that has happened…but the other time it was an old lady and she snuck the kiss on me. I didn’t even see it coming haha. But the thing is… these people have never talked to missionaries before and I could just see the seed being planted. Who knows probably one day they will end up being members of the church:)...
     Well, I love all of you so much!!! I hope you guys all have a good week!! Good luck in school, and work.
Elder Lawrence 






 Elder Rohde





 The ledge outside our front door




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness... Justin had a horrible ledge outside of his door when he was on a mission, too! There was all this spikey rebar sticking up at the bottom. Scary!!! Why do they build places like that?

    ReplyDelete