Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013

HOLA…what’s up?
      This week was good!  Everything is going super good! I really like Bicentenario.  This last week was my first week here.  It was good to get to know all the new families and less actives and investigators. I could feel the spirit and love of everyone that we visited.  I can tell that this Rama (branch) is ready to work and wants to help with the progress of the church. Elder Montoya and I are planning a lot of activities to get these menos activos excited about church and the gospels blessing again. It should be great!!  We also want to do servicios to show our love and to gain more confidence with all the members.  I know that we will see progress and bautismals in this area.
     This last week we had an activity and there was so many menos activos that showed up…we also had like 3 or 4 investigators show up. It was great!  I’m grateful to be working with ELDER MONTOYA where I can learn from the experience he has and we can have success here.
     So to answer your questions…. Yeah my area is kinda small, it seems like. It’s not even a full ward yet… it is a Rama (whatever that is in English, I don’t know). But we have a President de Rama here not a Bishop. The ward on Sunday was really good. It was the primary program here so it was cute to watch all the little kids sing and stuff.
     They call this place the “promised land” because the most success in the mission is in Victoria.  Yes, there is quite a bit of less active members here so yeah we got good work to do.  We also have about 4 solid promising investigators here.
     So my companion is from Peru and he has a lot of time in the mission. He will finish the mission while I am his companion. He is in his last two changes. He is really super cool!!!  We are planning on working hard and having fun. That’s the goal:)
     So yeah, I’m pretty excited about getting to Skype. But first we have to find a computer where we can Skype and stuff.
      So I received on package from you. A Christmas package...but I have not seen the other two yet. Oh and tell dad that there are no making cookies here in Mexico. We’re lucky if we have a plug in stove in the house. But it’s a good idea:) I would if I could but I can’t so I won’t haha. but there are two really cute poor families that I want to do something special for. Like a Christmas package of some sort. knock and run… like secret Santa.
     Oh so Victoria, it is sooooooooooooooooooo super cold here. Like more cold than I had at the MTC it feels like. But it’s cool, I think I’m starting to get used to it so that is good. Oh and today for P day we are going to the batting cages. Yeah, baseball!!!  They have batting cages here! How chill is that:) You should look it up on google earth... It is pretty beautiful here for the most part.
     Thanks for all of your advice. I have a question for dad. What were some really good activities that you planned with the church when you we’re on your mission?
     Well anyway time is flyin fast see ya guys soon;) love you all so much and have a great week…loves yas.

     Elder Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment