Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 3, 2013

What’s up family?
      Sorry I’m writing a little late. Can you believe that it’s December!! How great is that? I just really love this time of year to tell ya the truth. There just always seems to be good spirit in the air. The weather has been pretty dang beautiful here in Tampico and all of the buildings are putting up their lights for Christmas. I guess you could say it’s really starting to feel more like Christmas. I do wish I could be with you guys during this time of the year because that is what it is all about. But don’t worry, there are a lot of good families here in MataRedonda that will take care of me…hehe I hope:)

     So this last week not too many people went to church.  I really think it was just because it was Stake Conference.

     You said something interesting... something about putting baptisms on the calendar. For me that is not my goal in the mission. For me I feel like re-activating a less active member is like a baptism. Because it’s about how many souls are we helping preserve to the end.  And for me that could be just as important as a baptism. It’s exactly the same work even though they have already been baptized once before.

     So in MataRedonda the work has been progressing. The progress isn’t too fast but it’s moving. Everything is getting more organized, so that’s good. One thing about here is that there is a lot a lot of gossip. Everyone talks about everyone. That is not good and we are trying to get rid of that problem.

      Last week I went on divisions with Elder Johns.  It was so cool to learn his area and meet some of the people in his area. Yesterday we ate Little Ceasars.   When I was on divisions I got to talk to a family that I met and taught when I had only been in Mexico for one month. I always see them. They love me...haha.  I don’t know how I always see them but I do.  It was fun to really talk some good old fashioned Spanish with them;) hehe.

      Last week we had some great times doing some service projects.  First we helped move a whole house. Then we put up cement for a second story to a house…it was good.

     Well, I hope that everyone has the best of weeks and remembers the true meaning of this holiday.  I know I will:) I’m glad to hear that Blake has a 4.0 right now, that is really good! Haha he must be saying his prayers every night or something.
   Thanks for all and adios from Mexico.
Love,

 Elder Lawrence   LOVE YOU



No comments:

Post a Comment