Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013

Hola Familia!!
    Oh yeah, there is definitely a lot going on here!  Elder Leon and I are working so hard here in Independencia 1…especially because we opened the area. So we had to talk to every member of the ward and get all the references we could, and we are still getting references from them. We have a lot of families that we are working with. We are probably working with about 30 people in total, maybe more. So yeah, we have been keeping so busy, and I am so tired!  Haha my legs hurt like every night. That’s when I wish you were here to give me a massage haha jk.
     We had 15 people show up to church this week. That is including inactives and investigators. So right now we have one investigator that is progressing and the other did not go to church. I’m surprised because for the lesson with him we invited the most powerful member of the ward…actually one of the most powerful in Madero and we taught a lesson with him. His name is Brother Camacho. He helped with his testimony and he was really direct also. It was way spiritual. After that lesson we put a baptism date with him.
     So today I am going to go get a haircut, that should be cool. Sounds like everyone had a really good time for the Young Mens activity at the cabin. That’s pretty crazy that dad wrecked pretty good haha. I remember that like it was yesterday when I flew over the handlebars haha. That’s awesome that Ethan is never sick of baseball and just loves it! We will definitely play some ball when I get back in like a year or so.
     So also this week we had a class with President Jordan. It was really spiritual and I learned a lot. But really every day I learn so much. Just from the smallest experiences. Sometimes it’s the littlest things when you learn the most. I know that the Lord has blessed me so much and I am so grateful to be out here choosing the right everyday and learning to become like him.
     So we actually gave Brother Camacho a bendicion in the first week here. And yeah, that is crazy because he is like a Pres. Bramall haha. So we ate the best food the other day. It was the birthday of Elder Richard and we ate crab, fish, shrimp, and of course rice…it was so dang good, probably one of the best foods I’ve eaten so far!!!!  Then there was a night for talents at the church. We went and watched the members sing.  It was cool to see all the talents in the ward.
     So I hope everyone is doing really good and enjoying summer because I know that I sure am haha;) I was in one of the hottest places in Mexico during the hottest times…I really love the sun.
Well its time for me to go I love you all so much!  Sorry this computer won't let me send pictures.  Thanks for everything always… Adios con mucho amor!

    Elder Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment