Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!
      How is everyone doing?? I hope excellente!!!  Yeah, like you said it’s so crazy how fast the time is going. 14 months… wow, don’t tell me that haha! That makes me sound old in the mission. 
      I can’t believe dad is 49 years old!! Oh man!!  Now that really is old;) haha jk. Sounds like you had a really good time celebrating the birthday of dad and Halloween. I sure hope so! 
      Everything here in the mission is super legit.  Everything is going super great!! I really do love my area.  It is definitely my favorite area that I have been in. So my new companion is Elder Garcia.  He is way cool and we work really good together.

     This week we had 45 people in the church!! It’s a new world record haha. 16 of those people were menos activos that we are teaching and two were investigators. So we are doing really good here and our numbers are some of the best in the zone…but that’s not what is important. It’s that the people really are changing and the people that we are teaching really are having a change of heart.  It’s so beautifully awesome to see people change for the better.  I love being a part of this work…it is bomb.

     So right now we have 4 investigators that could be baptized before Christmas. They just need to go to church 5 times in a row. That is a rule. All 4 have been once. So I guess we will see what happens right:)  So the other day I had a very strong feeling when we were walking…a feeling that we needed to visit this family. So we went and visited this family…the family Carmen.  It happened that they had a kid that was super sick.  He was in a lot of pain. Well, he’s not a kid he’s an adult but he was in a lot of pain for his mouth that he had some sickness.  So we had a lesson with them.  I really felt like we needed to visit them to give him a blessing. So then I asked if he had faith in the priesthood and in receiving blessings and all that good stuff. He said…OH YES. So we gave him a blessing... then we didn't see him for about a week. They came to church this last Sunday. This Sunday was testimony meeting and Sister Carmen bore a really special testimony about the power of the priesthood, faith and those missionaries.  The doctors had told this guy how sick he was and is was in so much pain but now he felt good.  It was awesome to see the power of God and the Holy Ghost.  It was great to be a part of a miracle and to see how grateful Sister Carmen was.  So it is a dang good thing we followed the Spirit and went to this poor family's house.  Well that's one experience for ya.  I do have so many ya know haha! I am just full of these great experiences haha. But really it’s the truth.

     With another sister we visited we gave a super spiritual lesson about faith. Her name is Elizabeth. She was crying but it was more tears of joy. She was telling us how she is going back to church now and how she received her answer again. So it is so awesome to be a part in all these blessings and miracles. 

     So yeah, this last week was really good. We are going to clean our house supppppper good today!  Because a lot of bugs are biting us and we are getting itchy haha. Well I hope that you guys have an amazing week.  I love you all so much. Best family ever!!! 
      I’m going to attach the photo of all my companions that I have had. My new companion is the Elder on the very left. 

Elder Lawrence 


Happy Halloween

Last day with Elder Santeliz

 Elder Garcia, Santeliz, Rodriguez, Lawrence, Leon, Rodas, Martinez 

My new Companion Elder Garcia



No comments:

Post a Comment